What is the Trailblaze Challenge?
The Trailblaze Challenge is a 25 mile hike where participants can tackle the terrain of the Valley of Fire - all in one amazing day! This is a hike, not a race, and caters to all levels from novice to advanced outdoor enthusiasts. As well as being an extraordinary physical test, the real challenge is to raise much needed funds to grant the wishes of children in Southern Nevada with critical illnesses. A wish gives children renewed energy and strength, brings families closer together and unites communities. By supporting the Trailblaze Challenge, you will help grant more than 115 wishes this year.
What's included in my hike experience?
- 13-week specialized training program including a workout calendar, 3-month complimentary team training membership at Elevate Sports Performance & Healthcare (2 locations), and weekly training group hikes (download the hike schedule here)
- Training Clinics: hiking boots, socks and other trail essentials, hydration and nutrition and cross training
- Support and coaching from experienced hikers and staff
- Hotel accommodations on hike weekend at Rising Star Sports Ranch in Mesquite (3-days/2-nights)
- Trailblaze Challenge shirt for hike weekend
- Transportation to and from the trail on hike day
- Friday night pasta party to carb load before the big day
- Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid and encouragement
- Saturday evening post-hike celebration to share trail stories
- Sunday post-hike victory breakfast before heading home
- Inspiration through Make-A-Wish wish stories and interactions with wish families
Is there a fee to participate?
Each trailblazer will be asked to raise a minimum amount of funds to cover their expenses and to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with critical illnesses. A $100 personal registration fee is requested at the time of registration and will be credited toward your overall fundraising goal.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed on the trail for hike weekend, but leashed dogs are welcome on select training hikes.
How will I reach my goals?
Make-A-Wish will support hike participants each step of the way by providing each participant with a personalized fundraising webpage, as well as sponsorship and fundraising materials, tips and advice. Each Trailblazer will be provided with a specialized training program and will be invited to attend bi-weekly group training sessions and informal meet-ups.
Is my information secure?
Yes. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. There is an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
How is credit card information handled?
Credit card information is not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send donor credit card information to an online processing terminal using a secure connection. The information passed back is an approval or denial of the credit card donation.
I forgot my Username and Password. How can I find out what they are?
Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. Click here to find your password. You will receive separate emails with your username and password.
How can I see who has donated to me?
Go to the Login section on the site. Enter the Username and Password that you used when you registered for the event. In your Participant Center, click on "View Progress". You will see Donor Name and dollar amounts in the Donation History section.
How can I view my team's activity?
Log in to the site using your username and password, and then click on the ‘My Team’ tab. This will allow you to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member.
What do I do with check or cash donations that I receive?
Turn your check or cash donations in to your local event coordinator at your local chapter office. They will add it into the system and count it towards your fundraising goal. Make sure to print out the Mail In donation form and include it with your cash or check donations.
All of my donors are not showing up on the scroll mechanism. Why?
As your supporters donate to you or your team, they have the option to make their name visible or anonymous in the scroll. Please contact with questions.
Still didn’t find the answer you were looking for? Contact Us.