Walk For Wishes® is a nationwide Make-A-Wish® fundraiser that celebrates the more than 300,000 wishes that have already been granted, while raising funds for future wishes. It's a family-friendly event powered by wish families, volunteers, companies, donors and friends.
This years Walk is going 100% VIRTUAL and we need superheros like you! The new virtual format has options for EVERYONE of any age to participate. See below for your steps to get involved, we hope you'll join us!
- Register. Sign up today and invite friends, family and colleagues to join your team.
- Fundraise. Tell people why you are supporting Make-A-Wish and ask for their support. Make it personal to make it powerful. Use our Fundraising Guide to find ideas that can be helpful for you.
- Participate. Use our Virtual Participation Guide to plan all kinds of fun activities for your family in the weeks leading up to the virtual event.
- Watch our Program. Join us at 10am EST on Saturday, May 16 via Facebook or YouTube for a short program with mission moments, special guests and a really special surprise for Wish Kid Silas! You won't want to miss this.
- Walk. Following our program, celebrate your fundraising success on Walk Day in the comfort of your own home (or neighborhood!), in your own way! We will all walk together, statewide, at the same time to show our support of granting wishes. Be sure to post pictures and tag @makeawishct so we can follow along.
Avary’s wish to be a professional gymnast movitvated her to stay strong as she battled her illness. Read more of Avary’s story
Michael’s wish to have a saxophone allowed him to become a musician like so many others in his family. Read more of Michael’s story