Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Our vision is to grant the wish of every eligible child.
- Make-A-Wish is the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization, serving children in every community in the U.S. and its territories through 59 chapters.
- Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 wishes worldwide since our inception in 1980.
- More than 34,000 volunteers across the U.S. and its territories help grant thousands of wishes each year.
- Research shows that children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness.
- When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy, and anxiety with hope.
For information about Make-A-Wish Maine, visit https://maine.wish.org.
Visit Make-A-Wish America at www.wish.org to learn more.