Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
• Founded in 1983, Make-A-Wish San Diego has granted more than 4,700 wishes.
• The local chapter serves children in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
• Over 300 local children each year are diagnosed with a critical illness and we want to reach every one of them.
• There are currently 350 children in San Diego waiting for their wish.
• The average cost of one wish is $10,000.
• Make-A-Wish America has granted more than 330,000 wishes in the U.S. and its territories since our inception in 1980.
• Nearly 34,000 volunteers across the U.S. and its territories help us grant thousands of wishes each year.
• Last year, Make-A-Wish America granted more than 15,800 wishes throughout the U.S. and its territories.
• Make-A-Wish serves every community in the United States and its territories through 60 chapters nationwide.
• With the help of generous donors and tens of thousands of volunteers, a wish is granted every 33 minutes, on average, somewhere in the U.S. and its territories.
For information about Make-A-Wish San Diego, visit www.sandiego.wish.org.