Walk With Me. Wish With Me.
Walk with us for 2021 Kentucky Walk For Wishes and help make local wishes come true with each step!
For the first time, Kentucky Walk For Wishes is going statewide to make a big impact for children with critical illnesses! Participants have the option to walk in person at Evans Orchard in Georgetown, at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green, and at Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay in Louisville, or in their own neighborhood the morning of Saturday, May 15th. All the money we raise at Walk For Wishes will help grant more wishes for Kentucky kids, which means your support helps children and families right here in our communities.
All in-person Walk Day location time slots have been filled. If you are registering now, we are excited to invite you to participate virtually this year!Walk For Wishes is a chance to celebrate all the incredible wishes from the past, and fundraise to make more life-changing wishes come true. It’s a day filled with hope, strength, and joy—the same things each wish granted brings to a child with a critical illness.
A wish experience can truly change a child's life, and you can help.
Walk Day Details:
- Registration is free!
- Event Date: Saturday, May 15th 2021
- Event Locations: LOU | LEX | BG | HOME - Virtual Walkers only after 5/14.
- Event Schedule: All in person teams have been assigned a staggered start time. Our Virtual Walk Day celebration will begin on Facebook Live at 8am ET! @makeawishohkyin
- 8am – Opening Ceremonies – LIVE on Facebook!
- 10am – Download and start your Scavenger Hunt!
- 12pm – Mid-day stretch!
- 2pm – Hear from Wish Kid Will!
- 4pm – Check out highlights from walkers across the state!
- 6pm – Hear from Wish Kid Malena!
- 8pm – 2021 KY Walk For Wishes winners announced on Facebook live! @makeawishohkyin
Why Walk For Wishes:
We can’t grant life-changing wishes without YOU!While we’re still granting wishes for things like playsets, gaming computers and shopping sprees, more wishes than ever before are waiting due to the global pandemic. We need your support to ensure every child with a critical illness can experience the power of a wish. We invite you to join us, along with other influential Make-A-Wish supporters and community leaders, to bring hope and joy back into a child’s life through 2021 Kentucky Walk For Wishes!
- $100 - Kentucky Walk For Wishes t-shirt
- $250 Make-A-Wish Water Bottle
- $500 - Make-A-Wish Baseball Hat
- $1,000 - Make-A-Wish Tote Bag
Keeping You Safe:
Our guiding principle is to make decisions in the best interest of the health and safety of our wish kids and their families. We’re taking extra safety precautions this year to keep all walkers safe. This year, we’re doing a staggered-start. Once registered, all participants will receive a specific walk reservation time between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. via email the week before the walk. Start times for each walk group will be at least every five minutes to allow for social distancing. Please don’t plan to arrive at your walk location until 15 minutes before your scheduled start time.
Before attending this year’s walk, please do a symptom check at home, and don’t forget your mask! If you feel sick on walk day, please do not attend. Make-A-Wish is following all state and local safety guidelines and all groups will be asked to stay eight feet apart at all times. We’ll have plenty of hand sanitizer on site, but don’t forget to thoroughly wash your hands before coming.
Thanks for taking these precautions to keep us safe this year. See you on May 15th at Kentucky Walk for Wishes!
REGISTER NOW for Kentucky Walk For Wishes!
- The full distance for the Walk is about one mile and is handicap accessible.
- Masks and social distancing required.
- Day of registration not accepted - only walkers with an assigned arrival time may walk in person.