Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. The Kentucky Walk for Wishes supports wishes right here in Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
- Make-A-Wish has granted more than 330,000 wishes in the U.S. and its territories since our inception in 1980.
- Nearly 34,000 volunteers across the U.S. and its territories help us grant thousands of wishes each year.
- Last year, Make-A-Wish granted more than 15,800 wishes throughout the U.S. and its territories
- Make-A-Wish serves every community in the United States and its territories through 60 chapters nationwide.
- A wish is granted every 33 minutes, on average, somewhere in the U.S. and its territories.
- Right now, more local wishes are waiting and we need you!
Make-A-Wish is more than wish granting, it’s a global movement of transforming lives through hope.
Wishes provide what medicine cannot– extraordinary and memorable experiences that allow children to take their focus off the illness and provide a sense of renewed normalcy. In fact, research shows that children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their critical illnesses, potentially improving their quality of life and producing better health outcomes. Now more than ever, the world needs the hope of a wish.
We can’t grant life-changing wishes without YOU!
While we’re still granting wishes for things like playsets, gaming computers and shopping sprees, more wishes than ever before are waiting due to the global pandemic. We need your support to ensure every child with a critical illness can experience the power of a wish.
All the money we raise through this event will help grant more wishes for Kentucky and Southern Indiana kids, which means your support helps children and families right here in our communities.
Thank you for taking the step to make wishes come true at 2021 Kentucky Walk For Wishes! For information about Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana visit wish.org/oki