This latest post is an effort to keep all of our supporters informed regarding the latest news about our Make-A-Wish Challenge Hike. We completed a strenuous (almost killed Connie) 12 mile hike this past Saturday and were preparing to complete another training hike scheduled for next Saturday; however, we learned last night, in light of the new normal surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, training hikes have been suspended and the big hike weekends have been postponed. Most likely, we will be hiking in November. We have the option to defer to Spring of 2021. We will make our decision regarding hike day as the fall approaches and will let you know. We plan to continue to train as a team of two and if anything, this gives us more time to be prepared to complete the entire 26.3 mile hike.
If you have not yet contributed to this worthwhile cause, fundraising remains open with an extended deadline. Currently, the Make-A-Wish foundation has postponed wishes involving travel. This amounts to about 30 wishes a day that can’t be granted. These children and all wish children are anxiously awaiting the opportunity to have their wish granted. With these postponed wishes, support is even more critical.
We will keep you updated here and through email as appropriate.
Ferrell and Connie